Welcome to inventioneering in the Green Mountain State.
Managing the Year 2000
Some of Vermont's smaller businesses faced some Y2K problems, but those problems
have been less than the daily newspapers proclaimed last year.
We have helped several small businesses
develop and implement a rational Y2K plan
Our clients run small networks and stand alone equipment. We support NetWare and NT
client-server environments as well as peer-to-peer networks using both Personal Netware and W9x.
- We checked the manufacturers' Y2K Compliance statements for finance, spreadsheet, and database
software. Some required easy to install upgrades.
- We checked every macro in each "compliant" spreadsheet. Most were fine.
- We check every field in each "compliant" database. Some of our clients had used 2-digit date
codes that needed repair.
- We tested about 300 "heritage" computers and upgraded (or reset CMOS setups) as needed.
- We tested manufacturing equipment from spectrometers to time clocks and upgraded as needed.
to Business Builders Index
you are here: www.harperco.net/support/y2k.htm