Technology forecaster and author of Techno Trends
Daniel Burrus named fiber reinforced composites in the two-dozen
technological innovations that will shape the future. His other findings
included neural networks, diamond thin films, and recombinant DNA engineering.
Passenger cars, construction, electronics, and consumer products are the
fastest growing composites users. Boat builders already account for high
content. Composite products are particularly well suited to the splash
zone of boats, marine buildings and docks, and toys. The alternate air/water
exposure is hazardous for most other materials.
Come for the thrill of a new boat sliding down
the ways. Stick around to snaggle some of the fastest, most efficient
ideas like these:
We specialize in composites of exotic reinforcements
or "plain " fiberglass in thermoset resins. We will work with
the right choice of materials:
- High tech 30 foot hastia runabout: Prototyped 5 years ahead of the Wellcraft
Genesis et al.
- Jet-powered catamaran PWC: Prototyped 4 years before the Rage et
al met the water.
- Home improvement products (from a long list): a novel faucet, a
circular saw conversion kit and the FRP SunShield.
Let some of our other product ideas get your juices flowing ...
- Gel coats, ABS, styrene, or acrylic surfaces chosen for appearance
- Tooling gel coats and engineered structures
- Baltek, Corex, Klegecell and proprietary high tech core systems
- Woven, bi-axial, and triaxial fabrics or continuous strand fiberglass
- Polyester, vinylester, and epoxy resins
- AGV totes
- A juicy red 6-foot Apple for point-of-sale display
- Engine transport crates for safe and secure race engine shipping
- Large lightweight structural components
- Marine accessories
- Orthopedic chair adaptor
- Photographer's developing sink/table
- Removable sports car hardtop
- Waterproof dockbox